What is Private home care and What should I expect?
- Private home care begins when you or a family member see a need for care in your home but you do not qualify for services through your insurance company.
- There is no doctor’s order needed to start care.
- Call or email our agency at 617-699-3661 or firstname.lastname@example.org, we will schedule an appointment at a convenient time for you and your family members. We will come to your home to discuss your needs and answer any questions you may have.
Examples of what the home health staff should do include:
- Check what you’re eating and drinking.
- Check your blood pressure, temperature, heart rate, and breathing.
- Check that you’re taking your prescription and other drugs and any treatments correctly.
- Ask if you’re having pain.
- Check your safety in the home.
- Teach you about your care so you can take care of yourself.
- Coordinate your care. This means they must communicate regularly with you, your doctor, and anyone else who gives you care.